Ashoka Anti-Ragging Cell
Ashoka Women's Engineering College maintains a healthy and congenial academic environment for the students. The institution offers protection to the new entrants from the menace of ragging. Ragging is defined as: Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or any other student or asking the student to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or any other student. Ragging in the college is absolutely banned and, hence, any student found indulging in an act of ragging shall meet strict disciplinary action, which may include immediate rustication from the college apart from criminal consequences.
In this regard our Institute has constituted an Anti-Ragging Cell. The cell is headed by Head of the institution, along with several other committee members comprising of senior faculties. Anti-Ragging members and Anti Ragging Bus In charges have been deputed from all departments to monitor students discipline both inside the campus and on board.
Functions of the Anti-Ragging Committee
- To enforce the Supreme Court's directives and follow them, as well as to watch out for any behavior that would constitute ragging.
- Anyone found guilty of ragging in an institution, whether actively or passively, or who participated in a plot to promote ragging, is subject to punishment.
- To inform all students of current rules, as well as possible punishments for those who engage in ragging.
- Must take into account the student complaints, conduct an investigation, and present a report to the anti-ragging committee with recommended sanctions for offenders.
- Maintain control over the process for obtaining an undertaking from the students in accordance with the rules.
- To give students the contact details, including the phone numbers and address, of the person or people designated to accept complaints or distress calls.
- To provide counseling services and educate the pupils.
- Should take all necessary precautions to prevent ragging on campus and in the dorms.
Provided Facilities to avoid The Ragging in the college campus
- Issued the ID cards to every student to easily identify.
- All the students must carry their Identity Cards and show them when the committee has raise to doubt has come to committee.
- Suspended students are debarred from entering the Campus except when required to attend enquiry and to submit an explanation.
- An Air Cooled auditorium (1000 capacity) and Seminar Hall (140 capacity) for meetings. It is equipped with projection and internet facility through Wi-Fi mode.
- Excellent hospitality for speakers.
- Suggestion Boxes in Ground floor.
- Security and CCTV surveillance
- Coordinator: A senior faculty having with good network.
- Faculty Member: one faculty from each department.
- Student Member: Two 3rd& two 4th year students from each department and two 1st& 2nd year students of MBA, one 2nd and one 3rd year student of diploma program.
- Other Staff as members: Trainers who are dedicated for various training
|S.No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Department||Position|
|1||Dr. G. Thippanna||Professor||MCA||Coordinator|
|2||Dr. Syed Shoeb Peer||Professor||CSE||Member|
|4||Mr.K.Prasad Babu||Assistant Professor||ECE||Member|
|5||Ms. S Farzana||Assistant Professor||EEE||Member|
|7||Mrs. B. Naga Lakshmi||Assistant Professor||EEE||Member|
|8||Smt L Prathibhaa||Assistant Professor||MBA||Member|
|13||C. Meher Swathi||Student||CE||IV|
|17||A. Swapna Bharathi||Student||ECE||IV|
|18||T. Hazarath Bee||Student||ECE||IV|
|26||D. Hussain Bee||Student||MCA||I|
Roles and Responsibilities
- To prevent ragging, it is important to safeguard all areas of the college (such as the canteen, parking spaces, various buildings, play areas, etc.) and make sure at least one faculty person is present at all times.
- To take preventative measures to stop ragging activities at other places, such as bus stops, and to give orders to designate student volunteers and covert informants at different boarding points.
- To carry out anti-ragging campaigns using flexes, posters, and notice boards in college buildings and other nearby locations where ragging can occur.
- To collaborate with the grievances and remedy committee and aid with anti-ragging efforts.
- To hold meetings and PPTs on anti-ragging topics for senior students, staff, and other non-college personnel.
- Whenever necessary, hold meetings to discuss pertinent topics while working with the director to get his consent.
Procedure for receiving the complaint/grievances
- Initially general orientation/awareness programmes are conducted to make the students aware of the process and mechanism of complaints/grievances.
- The following are various channels to receive the complaints/Grievances:
- Suggestion box placed at prominent places of the institute with lock and key and the day and time of opening the box generally once in fortnight in the presence of the atleast any two members of the committee (mostly one will be the Co-coordinator).
- Can approach the committee members
- Can approach the HoD or directly to the Principal.
- The complaint/grievance should be received in the given format of in written document or oral complaint. If it is a oral complaint atleast 2 of the Anti Ragging committee members should listen and prepare a document and get the sign of the student if the students is not willing to sign then the two members should sign on behalf of the student.
- The complaints are noted in a registerand get sorted out based on the complaint to the respective committees.
- If the complaint is related to Anti Ragging Committee it will be addressed immediately but it is related to grievances it will be discussed in the committee to resolve effectively.
Complaint/Grievance format: At suggestion Box Form Format:Name of the Students __________________________ Roll No:______________________ Branch ____________________ Date _______________________ Year/ Sem ___________________________ Addressing Issue ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
The procedure adopted for Grievance Redressal Mechanism may be Formal or Informal method as opted by the complainant. Usually informal method is adopted and the grievance is resolved by way of counseling the parties. Mentors of the students/peers in case of staff, HODs of the concern departments along with Anti Ragging Committee Co-ordinator and selected Anti Ragging Committee members resolve the issue.
Formal method of resolution is adopted based on the seriousness of the complaint. The issue is taken to the college authorities for further action.
Awareness Programs on Anti-Ragging