On imparting professional education, it’s our foremost care to consider comfort of all stake holders to keep amicable environment in the campus. We, Ashoka take practice of transparency, justice and professional ethics in all happenings so that stake holders are not grieved. Staff grievance and redressal committee is to deal with the discontent, dissatisfaction expressed in person or through formal letter complaint. Generally Grievant means a student, parent, staff member, group of students or staff members or combination of any of these stakeholders of the institution.
- To ensure harmonious environment in the campus to all staff members
- To provide the equal opportunity and hassle free resort to their grievances
- To maintain supervision on all activities of grievance and redressal mechanism
Functions of GRC
- To receive written complaints or emails from teaching, non-teaching staff regarding any kind of grievances and suggest appropriate remedies.
- Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the grievance cell members in person.
- Work Environment
- Faculty Co-ordination
- Work overload
- To forward recommendations to the chairman of the committee for consideration and necessary action
Composition of Committee
- Coordinator: A senior faculty with good network.
- Faculty Member: one faculty from each department.
|S.No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Position||Contact Details|
|2||Dr. G. Srikar||Associate Professor, H&S Dept.||Convener||9440342326,
|3||Dr.D.William Albert||Professor, CSE Dept.||Member||8309906369
|4||Mr.Shaik Abdul Malik||Assistant Professor, ECE Dept.||Member||9441802210
|5||Mrs.B.Sridevi||Assistant Professor, H&S Dept.||Member||7702774359
Roles & Responsibilities of GRC Committee.
The roles and responsibilities of a faculty grievance redressal cell can vary depending on the specific institution or organization. However, generally, the cell is responsible for addressing and resolving grievances raised by faculty members. The common roles and responsibilities are
- Receiving Complaints: The cell should have a system in place to receive and document complaints filed by faculty members regarding any work-related issues, such as discrimination, harassment, unfair treatment, or contractual matters.
- Confidentiality: Ensuring the confidentiality of the complainant and the information provided is crucial. The cell should handle complaints discreetly and protect the privacy of all parties involved.
- Investigation: The cell may conduct impartial investigations into the grievances received. This can involve gathering evidence, interviewing relevant individuals, and assessing the validity of the complaint.
- Mediation and Resolution: The cell should explore avenues for mediation and attempt to resolve grievances through dialogue and negotiation. This can involve facilitating discussions between the aggrieved faculty member and the concerned parties to seek a mutually acceptable solution.
- Policy Guidance: The cell should have a clear understanding of the institution's policies and procedures related to faculty grievances. They can provide guidance to faculty members on their rights, responsibilities, and available recourse.
- Documentation and Reporting: It is essential for the cell to maintain proper records of all grievances received, actions taken, and outcomes achieved. Regular reporting to higher authorities or the administration can help identify systemic issues and drive improvements.
- Support and Advocacy: The cell may offer support and advocacy for faculty members by providing information, resources, and guidance throughout the grievance resolution process. This can include referring individuals to appropriate services or counseling if needed.
- Awareness and Training: Creating awareness among faculty members about the existence and functioning of the grievance redressal cell is important. Conducting training sessions on relevant policies and procedures can empower faculty members to address grievances effectively. Remember that the specific roles and responsibilities may vary based on the institution's policies and the structure of the faculty grievance redressal cell. It's always advisable to consult the specific guidelines or procedures outlined by your institution or organization.
Procedure for receiving the complaint/grievances:
- The staff may feel free to put up a grievance in writing and drop it in boxes.
- The staff can also register their grievances online to firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure for redressal of grievances:
- The convener of Institute grievance committee, after verifying the facts and the papers concerned and having discussion with the committee members will place the matter before the Institute level committee which shall either endorse the decision or shall pass appropriate order in the best possible manner within a reasonable time.
- While dealing with the complaint the committee at all levels will observe law of natural justice and hear the complainant and concerned people.
- While passing an order on any Grievance at any level the relevant provisions of Act/Regulations should be kept in mind and no such order should be passed in contradiction of the same.