Social Welfare Cell
Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) have been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian Society. They include all the castes, races or tribes, which have been socially, economically and educationally backward. The Social Welfare cell has been established to support and to bring students from such communities in the main stream. The SC/ST cell of the college was established with the purpose to empower the SC/ST students in the college. The college takes special interest in facilitating financial support to students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. They are also encouraged to enroll for career orientation programs, which would equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
Functions of the Social Welfare Cell
- To collect information and maintain records regarding the number of staff and students belonging to SC/ST categories in the college.
- To supervise and see that the admissions to the colleges and hostels are made in accordance with the reservation policy declared by the State Government from time to time.
- To maintain a roster of teaching and non-teaching staff of the college.
- To scrutinize and approve the advertisements that may be issued by the Management for recruitment to both teaching and non-teaching posts.
- To supervise the allotment and distribution of scholarships for various reserved candidates.
- To deal with representations received from the SC/ST candidates regarding their admissions and recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in the colleges.
- To circulate information regarding matter related to SC/ST persons to the teaching and non- teaching staff and the students of the college. To conduct activities for the betterment of students from SC /ST community
- To create awareness of the schemes for the welfare of SC /ST community.
- To maintain data base of Staff and Students belonging to SC /ST community. To maintain the records of the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee
- To collect information regarding course-wise admissions to candidates belonging to the SC/ST in the College on an annual basis.
- To analyze information on admissions, education, training and employment of SCs and STs. Prepare reports for transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource
- Development/University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required
- To attend to the grievances of SC/ST students and employees are monitored and rendered the necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems
- To promote higher education among these two communities suffering economic, social and educational deprivations.
Facilities of Social Welfare Cell
- To most of the facilities also include exhibition galleries for exhibiting craftwork or arts collected over time.
- The college has state of the art facilities for students like 24/7 Wi-Fi.
- It also has auditorium which can accommodate about 500 people along with a stage capacity of 15 seats.
- A high quality sound system will be provided during cultural events like arts fest, college day, others.
- It also has the facilities of rehearsal rooms, dance studios.
Composition of Committee
- Coordinator: A senior faculty with good network.
- Faculty Member: One faculty from each department.
- Student Member: Two students from each department.
|S.No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Department||Position||Phone No||Email ID|
|1||Mr.Y. Chintu Sagar||Assistant Professor||EEE||Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Roles & Responsibilities of Social Welfare Committee.
- The member Secretary, in consultation with the Chairman of the Committee, shall prepare a provisional agenda for meeting.
- It shall be circulated to all Members of the Committee two days before meeting.
- All the decisions should be taken on the basis of majority.
- After the meeting, the Committee shall approve a report embodying its views, recommendations and decisions.
STUDENTS BENEFITED BY SCHOLARSHIPS PROVIDED BY
(RTF-A.P GOVERNMENT REIMBURSEMENT TUITION FEE SCHEME AND PMSS)
DURING THE LAST FIVE YEARS